Understanding yourself helps you to make decisions that help you to choose the best paths for you to take. Often the choices we make without understanding ourselves can be wrong decisions that create problems.
Personal growth self improvement means knowing our strengths, weaknesses, what gives us satisfaction and what causes us stress help guide our paths to those experiences that will provide us with the best possible outcomes for our choices.
22 questions that will help you to know yourself and to get in touch with inner thoughts and feelings. They can help you make good choices in your life.
1. What do you believe is truly important in life?
2. What would you fight for in life to keep and not lose?
3. What values in life best reflect what you believe are essential values?
4. What do you treasure about yourself?
5. What makes you happy?
6. What gives you a sense of achievement?
7. What upsets you?
8. What makes you angry?
9. What frustrates you?
10.What would you like to achieve for yourself personally in life?
11. What is your life like currently?
12. What do you hope your life is like in the future?
13. Who is a mentor or major influence in your life?
14. How does this person help you make decisions?
15. Why are they an important influence?
16. What would you like to achieve within the next 10 years?
17. What do you consider are your special talents and gifts?
18. What skills would you like to develop in the next 12 months?
19. What would you regret not doing if you look back on your life in 20 years’ time?
20. What do you consider your greatest failure?
21. What do you consider your greatest disappointment.
21. What do you consider your greatest achievement in life until now?
22. What do you consider the happiest time in your life?
Remember there are no right or wrong answers for any of these questions so don't beat yourself up. As you answer them honestly and thoughtfully, the answers will provide you with a picture of you and a summary of your hopes and aspirations and the things you can learn from your past choices. Turn your answers into life goals and use them to help make decisions that will shape your future.