Making the Most of Your Money Now: The Classic Bestseller Completely Revised for the New Economy
$35.00 (as of October 19, 2017, 1:16 pm)
& FREE Shipping.
Usually ships in 24 hours
Named the best personal finance book on the market by Consumers Union, Jane Bryant Quinn’s bestseller Making the Most of Your Money has been completely revised and updated to provide a guide to financial recovery, independence, and success in the new economy.
Getting your financial life heading in the right direction and keeping it there — nothing is more important to your family and you. This proven, comprehensive guidebook steers you around the risks and helps you make smart and profitable decisions at every stage of your life. Are you single, married, or divorced? A parent with a paycheck or a parent at home? Getting your first job or well along in your career? Helping your kids in college or your parents in their older age? Planning for retirement? Already retired and worried about how to make your money last? You can find ideas to help you build your financial security here.
Jane Bryant Quinn answers more questions more completely than any other personal-finance creator on the market today. You can reach for this book time and again as your life changes and new financial decisions arise. Here are just among the important subjects she examines:
• Setting priorities throughout and after a financial setback, and bouncing back
• Getting the most out of a bank whilst avoiding fees
• Credit card and debit card secrets that will save you money
• Family matters — talking money before marriage and mediating claims throughout divorce
• Cutting the price of student debt, and finding schools that will offer big “merit” scholarships to your child
• The simplest ways of pulling yourself out of debt
• Why it’s so important to jump on the automatic-savings bandwagon
• Buying a house, selling one, or trying to rent your home when buyers are not around
• Why credit scores are more important than ever, plus tips on keeping yours in the range most attractive to lenders
• Investing made easy — mutual funds that are tailor-made for your future retirement
• What every investor needs to know about building wealth
• How an “investment policy” helps you make wise decisions in any market
• The essential tax-deferred retirement plans, from 401(k)s to Individual Retirement Accounts — and how to manage them
• How to invest in real estate at a bargain price (and how to spot something that looks like a bargain but isn’t)
• Eleven ways of keeping a steady income whilst you’re retired, even after a stock market crash
• Financial planning — what it means, how you do it, and where to find good planners
Page by page, Quinn leads you through the pros and cons of every decision, to help you make the choice that will suit you best. This is the single personal-finance book that no family will have to be without.